Job Position: Fire Service Operation Manager – Training
Job Location: Dammam, Ash Sharqiyah
Job Description: The purpose of the roles are to assist the Chief Fire Officer (CFO) in directing, leading and managing the FRS at the airport.
The FSOM Training concentrates on the Training aspects of the FRS Team to ensure at all times each individual Firefighter, Crew, Watch and Fire Station Manager is and are trained and comply with the appropriate international and local standards.
– Develop and deliver technical instruction/procedures for the learning and development of fire service personnel in line with an agreed competency framework aligned to regulatory requirements that include NFPA, GACA and ICAO standards, ICAO Doc 9137 and AN/898 Table 2-3.
– To support the audit and inspection processes so that the Maintenance of Competence scheme is maintained and full compliance with regulatory requirements.
– To support and develop the supporting framework for personal development and career progression of fire service personnel and provide technical guidance to all levels as required
– To support the internal verification of an approved Maintenance of Competence Scheme ensuring compliance against published regulatory standards.
– Conducting assessment drills in accordance with fire service manual volume 2 and ICAO regulatory guidance.
– In conjunction with the other FSOM and the CFO, assume responsibility for all CFO Duties during any periods of absence or leave.
– Produce and monitor an annual financial forecast for all training requirements as required and raise issues to the CFO.
– Performance manage all staff within their area of responsibility including actively managing absence and completing employee appraisals in accordance with the Serco Management System.
– Ensure that all aspects of people management responsibilities are managed in accordance with Serco policies and procedures, utilizing the relevant Serco systems, where required. This includes, but is not limited to, training and development, recruitment, performance management, sickness absence, disciplinary and grievance.
– Ensure that liaison with MyHR staffs occurs where required, in particular when dealing with complex personnel issues or cases. Complete Serco Essentials training on an annual basis and ensure all team members complete Serco Essentials training as requested
Essential technical and professional skills knowledge and qualifications
Experience & knowledge
The applicant must have between 12 – 15 years full time airport experience. They must have held a position as a Deputy Airport Fire Chief at a Category 9 International Airport for a minimum of 3 years and successfully operated at managerial level in the FRS. The applicant must provide evidence of possessing the necessary leadership and managerial skills. They will be required speak English fluently and produce an excellent standard of English documentation. In addition, the applicant must be able to operate effectively in high-stress situations and be able to meet the requirements of the current aviation medical standards. A thorough knowledge of ICAO and Airport Emergency Planning regulations is required.
– Institute of Fire Engineers (IFE) Minimum of Graduate Level (GIFireE) or National Equivalent
– Graduate of the City & Guilds Institute of Leadership and Management or National Equivalent
– E1 Internal Verifier Qualification or Equivalent Auditor Qualification
– Emergency & Crisis Management – Planning or Industry Equivalent
– Formal Fire Investigation Qualification
– NEBOSH / IOSH – Managing Safely or Equivalent
– Current Qualification at Aviation RFFS Supervisor Level or National Equivalent
– A Formal Adult Teaching / Instructor Qualification, PTLLS (Minimum Level 3 Award)
– Computer Literate at a minimum level of ECDL or National Equivalent
– A Full Clean International Driving Licence
– Additional/special features of the role
– Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards
– Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information; reference Serco non-disclosure policy
– To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions; reference SMS GSOP-HSE1-6 Serco organizational HSE responsibilities
– Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements at all times whilst in employment
– Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management or the speak up process
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and – most of all – deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region. Due to the growth of our business in the region, we have a number of opportunities all with a competitive package of salary and benefits. Packaging Coatings Technical Services Ma…Sahel – for Saudi Nationals only REGIONAL TRAINING OFFICERS We are currently looking to recruit regional training officers for Riyadh, Jeddah, and Dammam. Suitable candidate mus…Job Description Operations Assess Nesma’s training needs and develop training plans to effectively meet these needs and Analyzes training programs Support the HR Manager with… see more details
A. This advertisement for Fire Service Operation Manager – Training is valid for limited time only, so don’t miss the chance and apply now!
B. If this job is different from the one you selected means that job is no longer exist and this is just a suggested job for you.
C. Hiring UAE is not an agency or recruiters, instead we just sharing the available jobs opportunities in United Arab Emirates and other gulf countries. Once you click on “apply now” button, it will redirect you to the right career page by a concerned job provider or employer. “We’re not involve in any stage of recruitment”.
Get a job, Upload your CV to HiringUAE
For more job offers visit Hiring Dubai | Hiring Pinas | UAE Careers | Raketera
Be social, join our chatroom or share your experience in UAE.
Be updated, subscribe to Hiring UAE feed
Advertise here, use Post a Job or Become A Website Sponsor
Other services by 3rd party: Place to Stay | Fly to UAE | Dubai Visa
Become our follower!