Job Position: Female Swimming Assistant
Job Location: Abu Dhabi
Job Description: About GEMS
Trusted for over 55 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 190,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division; and we will impact 20 million by 2020 students through the initiatives of our Charity partner Varkey Foundation.
About the School
GEMS American Academy is a diverse international K-12 American/IB School offering both the Primary Years Programme and Diploma Programme with 2,000 students, comprised of 82 nationalities speaking 40 languages and a faculty of 180. Established in 2011 and accredited by CIS and NEASC, GAA is the flagship American curriculum school for GEMS in Abu Dhabi and sister school to Dubai American Academy.
GAA offers an academically rigorous and relevant program of studies specifically designed as a student-centered, inclusive and adaptive approach to learning. At GAA, learning is a journey of exploration and growth, where exceptional teachers and world-class facilities support the fullest development of every child’s potential. Our American style approach to learning includes a wide range of academic subjects and a holistic approach, which includes the arts, music, drama, physical education, extra-curricular activities, clubs, and sports.
More than simply a larger selection of course offerings and activities, our approach to curriculum and instruction cultivates critical thinking skills and celebrates each child’s creativity and imagination. Our rich program allows young people to pursue individual interests and gain the confidence and conviction to make their unique contributions to the community.
About the Role
- Job purpose:
To ensure that swimming pool activities are maintained in safe, healthy, and hygienic controlled environment for all users. The service guideline is appropriate for supervision, teaching, assessment of risks of swimming pool activities and the making of arrangements for:
- Implementing safety and emergency guidelines.
- Assisting the Aquatics Director in the preparation and implementation of school pool activities.
- Assisting PE Teachers in the preparation and instructional activities of students in the pool.
- Implementing health and safety measures identified to reduce risk.
- To assist in swim instruction of school lessons.
- To assist in the preparation and operation of Swimming events/Sports days and activities, including the assembly and dismantling of equipment and minor repairs when required.
- To ensure that lost property is handled in line with procedures.
- To assist in the opening and closing of the facilities when required and assist in monitoring the security of the premises at all times.
- To regularly check the changing facilities, paying particular attention to customer safety, facility operation, security, cleanliness and hygiene.
- To be aware of all pool rules and regulations.
- To report any matter of concern to the Aquatic Director immediately.
- To undertake any suggested training requirements.
- To attend PE staff meetings as required.
- To comply with the Emergency Action Plan for the facilities and assist with any such incidents in the appropriate manner.
- To be familiar with swim instruction best practices using AUSTSWIM, Amateur Swimming Association, Kiwi Safe Swim, and American Red Cross as references.
- To attend in-service trainings on swim instruction with Aquatics Director (or with other designated person) on a regular basis.
- Own personal management and development:
- To read and respond to communications and information which is disseminated by the Athletics/ Aquatics Director or other line manager.
- To ensure all resources (including IT hardware and software) are used safely, legally and efficiently.
- To work collaboratively with all PE staff at GEMS American Academy.
- Personal Qualifications
- Experience teaching swim lessons with variety age groups (KG to High school).
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Experience working in a pool environment
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
- Commitment to team-working, and respect and consideration for the skills of others.
Desirable skills/experience /knowledge
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- Excellent English communication skill, verbal and written.
About Your Benefits
All positions are offered competitive remuneration package. Description Position at Oasis Hospital The Doctor’s assistant is a medical support… is looking for a Personal Assistant having minimum 2 years of working experience. Preferably: Arab National… Requirement: 9- Proven 2 years of experience as a personal assistant. 10- Degree in business… Sales Assistant (Female only, Al Ain) Find Jobs About Bayt.com Bayt.com is the leading…We are looking for a Sales Assistant to be based in Al Ain. The SA should provide… see more details
A. This advertisement for Female Swimming Assistant is valid for limited time only, so don’t miss the chance and apply now!
B. If this job is different from the one you selected means that job is no longer exist and this is just a suggested job for you.
C. Hiring UAE is not an agency or recruiters, instead we just sharing the available jobs opportunities in United Arab Emirates and other gulf countries. Once you click on “apply now” button, it will redirect you to the right career page by a concerned job provider or employer. “We’re not involve in any stage of recruitment”.
Get a job, Upload your CV to HiringUAE
For more job offers visit Hiring Dubai | Hiring Pinas | UAE Careers | Raketera
Be social, join our chatroom or share your experience in UAE.
Be updated, subscribe to Hiring UAE feed
Advertise here, use Post a Job or Become A Website Sponsor
Other services by 3rd party: Place to Stay | Fly to UAE | Dubai Visa
Become our follower!