Job Position: Controls Technician
Job Location: East Jordan, MI
Job Description: Description
EJ has an immediate opening for a Controls Technician.
Generous Benefit Package that includes: Vacation & Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness Program, 401K (with match), Life Insurance, etc.
About EJ: We are the leader in the design, manufacture, and distribution of access solutions for water, sewer, drainage, telecommunications, and utility networks. We have a presence worldwide and our corporate headquarters is in East Jordan, Michigan.
The core strength of our business is our dedicated employees. Employees who embrace our values, understand the importance of relationships, and strive for excellence. Our values, which have been passed down for generations, are the essence of our company’s identity and our guide for making decisions. Core values at EJ include, safety and security, honesty and integrity, environmental responsibility, respect for others, quality and excellence, and social responsibility.
EJ is a family owned company and remains one of the most stable, progressive, well-tooled manufacturing companies in the world.
Location: East Jordan, MI
Supports plant operations by monitoring equipment and processes. Provides technical support for troubleshooting. Maintains machine programming and makes updates and adjustments as requested.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Identifies, organizes, and completes projects that improve our current processes.
- PLC understanding and knowledge at an advanced level.
- Capable of commissioning, writing, and editing programs.
- Understands the theory of operation as well as troubleshooting techniques for complicated electrical equipment and carries out these techniques in a safe and effective manner.
- Communicates effectively with all Maintenance and Production areas in response to electronic improvements.
- Supports both our Electrical Maintenance and Electrical Engineering with a high level of skill.
- Troubleshoots and repairs robotic, electrical/electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment including but not limited to programmable controls, numeral controls, power supplies, drives, gages, and test equipment.
- Plans and performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of robotics, electrical/electronic and mechanical theories, and principles, writing specifications, local and national electrical codes, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment.
- Installs, starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- One-year certificate from college or technical school; and three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years of proven experience in the electrical/electronics, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic fields required along with the ability to demonstrate high proficiency in these areas.
- Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- A thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic components and equipment including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes.
- Electrical Journeymen card preferred.
- Experience with Allen Bradley ControlLogix PLCs and HMIs preferred.
- Experience with Servo Drive Control preferred.
- Experience with Variable Frequency Drives preferred.
- Experience with Ethernet Controlled Automation preferred.
- Experience with Induction Melting preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to work well with all levels of personnel whether individually or in a team environment, and especially must be able to interface and communicate with line operators to assist with repairs and troubleshooting.
- Willing to work any shift, with occasional overtime required.
- High degree of precision working with minimum tolerances required.
- Must be highly safety conscious.
- Exposed to high voltage electricity.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath machines and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work.
- Ability to perform both fine and gross motor skills.
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to focus eyesight both far and near.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme heat; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud. Paving the Road to Success! Quality Control/ Density Technician (Seasonal) – Petoskey, MI Join Rieth-Riley and help our team Pave the Road to Success! Rieth-Riley is a team of …Manufacturing Engineering Technician / CNC Programmer Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity Be part of a team that applies its expertise and knowledge…Job Description In accordance with state and federal regulations, assists the pharmacist, under direct supervision, in the practice of pharmacy. Assists the pharmacist in the per… see more details
A. This advertisement for Controls Technician is valid for limited time only, so don’t miss the chance and apply now!
B. If this job is different from the one you selected means that job is no longer exist and this is just a suggested job for you.
C. Hiring UAE is not an agency or recruiters, instead we just sharing the available jobs opportunities in United Arab Emirates and other gulf countries. Once you click on “apply now” button, it will redirect you to the right career page by a concerned job provider or employer. “We’re not involve in any stage of recruitment”.
Get a job, Upload your CV to HiringUAE
For more job offers visit Hiring Dubai | Hiring Pinas | UAE Careers | Raketera
Be social, join our chatroom or share your experience in UAE.
Be updated, subscribe to Hiring UAE feed
Advertise here, use Post a Job or Become A Website Sponsor
Other services by 3rd party: Place to Stay | Fly to UAE | Dubai Visa
Become our follower!